In The Beginning
The club was founded in 1883 by Willie Stanley, an employee of cycle firm Singers.
The club as a result was known as Singers FC until 1898 when the name was changed to Coventry City.
Early matches were played at Dowells Field, off Binley Road until a move to Stoke Road in 1887 before the move to the Highfield Road site in 1899. The period of 1887 to 1892 was a golden one for the club with the Birmingham Junior Cup being won in consecutive years, 1891 and 1892.